Monday, February 3, 2014

Quietness

I've written my whole life.  Books stacked on books of everyday thoughts, life memories, or just drawings.  I was always the one to be told to be quiet. Always the one who's opinion was never asked.  The one who no one ever wanted to hear from.  To this day I'm still scarred with quietness.

Some people would call that a bad thing.  I call it good.  

I listen and observe, which has allowed me to be main support for people and gain a deeper knowledge of those people then most.

I write to let out emotion or pain, instead of doing something worse.

I keep to myself and allow people who actually want to talk with me come to me first. I've gained true friends that way.

It helped me gain a voice the older I got.  By finally wanting to voice my own thoughts and opinions.

In a way I grew stronger having to deal with things alone, and learn from them.

To be quiet is not a failure or a weakness.  Theres a voice deep inside. Whether it comes out in words, drawings, writings, it shouldn't matter.  As long as it means something to you is all that matters.  

Quietness is a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment