Monday, January 13, 2014

"perfection"

So everyday we look at our flaws. In some ways our flaws control us. We dont wear certain clothes, or we wear 10 pounds of makeup, or we hide ourselves. And from personal experience i've stressed over making sure everything is perfect. My hair perfect, my skin perfect, my clothes perfect, my personality perfect. And if anything messed up my so called "perfect" Id freak, id stress, id panic to get it back to my so called "perfect" for fear of judgement, for fear of being made fun of, for fear of being ugly. But then I look at these people out in this world with deformities that they can never get fixed or changed. And i see them standing up in the world, making a difference, inspiring people thats life is not all outer beauty, it doesn't define you. So I look at my small flaws. The fixable ones I should be counting my blessings i have the option to be able to fix them. The non fixable i should look at and realize this is what makes me ME. Perfection is like a demon in our minds. So many people hurt others or hurt themselves over perfection, when we should all love our differences, our true selves. And except people and ourselves for who we are not for how we look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment